Ideen / Vorschläge

blotunga has re-build BotE for Android - in this area it's all about BotE Android (Java-based), and also for the Windows and Linux version based on BotE Android (Java)
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän
phpbb forum styles

Re: Ideen / Vorschläge

Beitrag von Darkness »

Dann ist der Satz falsch. ^^

Das Ziel (eventuell mit Koordinatenangaben) für die im Terra System (da wo das Schiff derzeit steht) stationierte USS xyz ist nicht mehr erreichbar.

Würde so natürlich nur bei Schiffen funktionieren, die tatsächlich noch im Terra System stehen, für Schiffe die auf dem Weg sind müsstest du anstatt -stationierte- -gebaute- schreiben.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Darkness hat geschrieben:Dann ist der Satz falsch. ^^

Das Ziel (eventuell mit Koordinatenangaben) für die im Terra System (da wo das Schiff derzeit steht) stationierte USS xyz ist nicht mehr erreichbar.

Würde so natürlich nur bei Schiffen funktionieren, die tatsächlich noch im Terra System stehen, für Schiffe die auf dem Weg sind müsstest du anstatt -stationierte- -gebaute- schreiben.
gebaute... ok dann.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Darkness hat geschrieben:
Um es mit den Englischen Text auf der Reihe zu bringen, wie ist:
Das Ziel (eventuell mit Koordinatenangaben) für die USS xyz, welche im Terra System gebaut wurde ist nicht mehr erreichbar.
Englisch wäre es dann so:
The target § for the recently built § in the § system is not reachable.
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

Ja das geht aber dann kannst du auch im deutschen die englische Schreibweise verwenden. ^^

Das Ziel xyz, für die USS xyz, gebaut im System xyz ist nicht erreichbar.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Darkness hat geschrieben:Ja das geht aber dann kannst du auch im deutschen die englische Schreibweise verwenden. ^^
Das Ziel xyz, für die USS xyz, gebaut im System xyz ist nicht erreichbar.
Also dann:
The target § for the § built in the § system is not reachable.
Das Ziel §, für die §, gebaut im System § ist nicht erreichbar.

Danke!
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

Jup, perfekt. :]
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Darkness hat geschrieben:Jup, perfekt. :]
Ich uploade mal die neuste Version dann :)
Pawleus
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von Pawleus »

blotunga hat geschrieben: Yes we need it, on a small screen the items are very hard to hit... But maybe I just get rid of the manager info from the build screen and place the button there.
But the button is actually smaller than a line with an object in the queue (both vertically and horizontally) so it's harder to hit (you don't need to hit the icon of the object - the whole line works).

As for getting rid of the manager info, I like it very much there - don't remove it, please, because it's very helpful and it even exceeded my expectations.
blotunga hat geschrieben: And yes it should limit the range. Imagine the complaints that "I've set a waypoint but my ships just hang around in the system they were built".
But now you will get complaints, too, and I will be the first one: "I can't set a waypoint to medium range so I am even unable to use it as to send my new colonizers to terraform my not-yet-colonized fringe systems" (I usually send large amounts of colonizers to do it fast) or "I can't set a waypoint to long range so I am unable to use it to send my new long range fighters to a friendly minor's system as to guard it against a possible invasion from my neighboring major." or "Why is it limited to short range if there are many situations in the game when it could be very useful outside of it?! It infuriates me!" etc.

The complaint you imagine could be addressed by the way I mentioned: the player gets a notification about the problem in the Events list in flashing red, eg. "USS Stargazer located in the Fatima system is unable to reach its destination so its orders are cancelled!" (you show him this way what he did wrong) - isn't it much more playerfriendly and improves the gameplay over just rigid limit to short range? If the player sets a waypoint the way it can't be used by his ship when it is built it is his fault so he should blame himself (and he will do better the next time learning from the notification in the Events list) but if he cannot set a waypoint at all in the situation he thinks it would have been very useful he has a valid reason to blame you as a creator so such complaints as I provided will probably be much more often.

BTW, the notification I provided should have already been in the game for situations when ships are on route and their orders are cancelled because their destination is no longer within their range.

Edit: Oops, I see you've already discussed some of it :)

Edit2: Do you have plans to introduce additional features from BotF?

1. Upgradeable ships - we have upgradeable outposts and starbases but I couldn't find a way in case of ships although we have mk II and III versions of some ships (as in BotF) and even ships from the same class can have different components thanks to the ship designer. In case of ships they should at least cost money but I would also welcome industry and resources.

2. Intercept order - limited to own territory and to certain categories of ships (as in BotF) or more general one. Without such order it's almost impossible to defend in most cases if an attacker does it right and sufficient system defenses are not in place.

3. Contested sectors - in BotF they provide tension between empires, can be ceded in diplomatic agreements, prevent entering them while in non-aggression or friendship agreement with the contestant and applying the intercept order in them even in times of war against the contestant (in times of war is perhaps a little too much). They are also nice from the roleplaying point of view.

BTW, is the ability to enter the territory of a friendly major a bug or a feature?

Edit3: I see we have long range waypoints in 0.6.90 - nice! :) Would there be a way to show all ranges when you choose a waypoint? As it is now the player sees them before and after but not at the moment of choosing and has to rely on his memory which is suboptimal - if it's too much work, though, I am happy with what we have now :)

Edit4: I don't know how to cancel a waypoint but when you target the same system where a ship is built then you get the warning in the events that the target is not reachable - the warning isn't needed in this case because it's the same system so it's obviously reachable.
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Ich habe drei Vorschläge/Anmerkungen.
Erstens ich weiss das wurde schon einmal angesprochen, ich finde die Anzeige der Sonnensysteme auf der Seite irritierend. Ein Problem ist es nicht, aber so wie es in den C++ Versionen war gefällt es mir deutlich besser.
Zweitens ich habe eine Weile gehabt, bis ich herausgefunden hatte, wie man bei der Forschung die Zuteilung sperrt. Bisher klickte ich einfach auf den Text gesperrt/entsperrt. Auf die Idee auf das Bild zu klicken kam ich lange nicht. Wäre es vielleicht sinnvoll, wenn beides ginge ? Wenn man es sowohl sperren/entsperren könnte, in dem man auf das Bild klickt als auch indem man auf den Text klickt ?
Drittens. Irgendwann, wohl schon bei den Testversionen der C++ Version, wurden die Eigenschaften der Minorrassen verändert. Bei zweien (von denjenigen die mir im Spiel, mit der aktuellen Version, schon begegnet sind) finde ich die Eigenschaften nicht wirklich passend. Bei den Malingorr sehe ich nicht ein, warum sie isolationistisch sein sollen. Und bei den Minali fände ich landwirtschaftlich passender als industriell. Was meinen andere dazu ?

Edit: Was ich auch vermisse ist die Möglichkeit mit der Taste N alle unbeschäftigten Schiffe durchzuschalten. Lange habe ich das zwar nicht genutzt, weil ich nicht wusste dass es diese Möglichkeit gibt (in Alpha 7), aber es ist sehr nützlich.
Zuletzt geändert von Wo he hiv am Samstag 2. April 2016, 15:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Pawleus
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von Pawleus »

I find the current arrangement of the display better but I second your suggestion about locked/unlocked. I don't have any preferences as far as the properties of minors go.
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

@Wo he hiv

Nur falls du es nicht weisst, wenn du direkt unterhalb des -Runde beenden- Button klickst wirst du zum nächsten Schiff ohne Befehl geleitet. :]

@Pawleus

I think the reason to make one short range visible for choosing a waypoint was that players won't be irritated by ranges they can't use for the waypoint. If you want to see them i suggest a less visible colour so you can see a difference between chooseable and not chooseable range.

1. In the early version of the game Puste don't want this feature to avoid exploiting. Ressource and creditcosts can balance this problem but at the time it was discussed there were many other things to build with much more priority. ^^

2. I would love to see an good working interception order. :D

3. It looks like you wanna rebuild botf...I support this. :mrgreen:

4. At some point you should be able to pass through the territory of a friendly major. Not sure at which point (sadly in my games there are no peaceful majors nearby :( only dead ones :twisted: ) but it should work this way.
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Darkness hat geschrieben:@Wo he hiv

Nur falls du es nicht weisst, wenn du direkt unterhalb des -Runde beenden- Button klickst wirst du zum nächsten Schiff ohne Befehl geleitet. :]
Danke das wusste ich nicht.

Zu den Vorschlägen von Pawleus kann ich mich nicht wirklich äussern. Denn ich kann nicht besonders gut Englisch sprechen. Teils verstehe ich seinen Text, teils verstehe ich den Text zumindest der Spur nach, aber ich verstehe definitiv nicht den ganzen Text.
Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe, wundert er sich, dass er durch das Territorium von anderen Majors fliegen kann. Das ist der Fall (Ich nehme an er meint durch das ganze Territorium, nicht nur durch den Teil innerhalb seiner Reichweite.) sobald man mit einem anderen Major einen Kooperationsvertrag oder ein Bündnis hat.

Edit:
Darkness hat geschrieben:@Wo he hiv

Ich habe es nun ausprobiert. Es geht, aber ein Ersatz ist das nicht, denn man kann die unbeschäftigten Schiffe nicht durchschalten und es gibt immer einzelne Schiffe die gar keinen Auftrag haben sollen.
Zuletzt geändert von Wo he hiv am Samstag 2. April 2016, 17:14, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Pawleus
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von Pawleus »

Darkness hat geschrieben: 4. At some point you should be able to pass through the territory of a friendly major. Not sure at which point (sadly in my games there are no peaceful majors nearby :( only dead ones :twisted: ) but it should work this way.
I could show you how it works in my save as Khaorons but I wonder whether or not it's an intended behavior because in BotF it's different. And no, I don't want BotF to be rebuilt - I would love it to be improved as much as possible :)

Edit: @Wo he hiv, you are right about what surprises me. BTW, have you tried Google Translator? I don't speak German but I understand you quite well, I hope (OK, more or less because its translations are far from being perfect :roll: ).
Dateianhänge
bote0003.sav
(236.68 KiB) 208-mal heruntergeladen
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Pawleus hat geschrieben:
Edit: @Wo he hiv, you are right about what surprises me. BTW, have you tried Google Translator? I don't speak German but I understand you quite well, I hope (OK, more or less because its translations are far from being perfect :roll: ).
I use Google Translator. But Google Translator can only translate single words. Thats useful, but like you wrote its translations are far from being perfect. Some of your sentences I understand very well but only some. I read books about animals in english. But that's very difficult too. And very arduous. (I hope that's the right word. I have translated this word with leo.org.) I hope you understand my english text.

Edit: Warum die Scytorianer isolationistisch sind erschliesst sich mir auch nicht.
Pawleus
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von Pawleus »

The cost of buying increases with each transaction, currently. Is it a feature or a bug?
Wo he hiv hat geschrieben: I use Google Translator. But Google Translator can only translate single words. Thats useful, but like you wrote its translations are far from being perfect. Some of your sentences I understand very well but only some. I read books about animals in english. But that's very difficult too. And very arduous. (I hope that's the right word. I have translated this word with leo.org.) I hope you understand my english text.
Your written English seems very good to me. If you would like to improve your reading I could recommend you reading interesting novels (or generally books that are interesting to you) on PC or a handheld with help of some kind of software dictionary that can be activated just by clicking a word. English is not my native language and that's how I've improved it greatly (I know, I know - it's certainly not perfect... yet ;) ). It was difficult in the beginning (my first novel took me about 2 months - it was a book from the Honorverse series I couldn't wait to be translated to my language) but now I can read very fast and I love doing it on my phone (now it takes me from a couple of days to a week - I am an avid reader)
Antworten

Zurück zu „BotE for Android“